To work properly with this tool, it must be chosen the appropriate screwdriver to screw type to be tightened or loosened, depending on the cleavage of its head (slot, cross, star, etc.) and their size, must be used, as most fits said groove.
Before using a screwdriver should be checked that is in good condition, the most common defects:
- The presence of cracks in the handle or misshapen head from misuse, there is a risk of splinters in his hands.
- The rod handle is loose or twisted, with the risk of causing injury to your hand.
- As for its use, once located the tip of the screwdriver on the screw head, the effort must be made vertically in order to prevent the tool from slipping and can cause injury.
- The free hand should be placed so that it is not in the possible path of the screwdriver. To this end, the part containing the screw must stand on a firm place and should never be handheld.
- Do not use the screwdriver as a lever or chisel, because besides causing the risk of various injuries, the tool deteriorates.
- When a screw rotating resist must proceed to its lubrication and force the screwdriver with another tool, such as pliers. Also, when it wears out or round the tip of a screwdriver, you must repaired with a grindstone or file, trying not to lose temper by heating. This must be done with safety glasses.
Precautions to consider in managing this tool are:
- The tool must be provided with a metal ring at the junction between the handle and the blade.
- Gouges handled by hitting them with a hammer must be fitted with a metal tip protection that is struck.
- When working with this tool, the part must be tightly attached to a support and the edge of the blade should not be directed to any part of the body.
- The cutting part of the chisel must always be sharp.
Also, the use of sander is dangerous. Therefore, look for belt sander reviews on the internet.
They are very frequently used tools in various workplaces. They differ in size, the type of cut that can perform (thinner or thicker) depending on the distance between your teeth and cross section.
As with any hand tool before you start working with a file that should be checked:
- The handle has no chips or cracks
- The body of the file is not worn or dulled teeth
- The pin penetrates sufficiently into the handle
- The pin is not twisted or what is the same, the axis of the handle and tang are aligned
As regards the management of these tools should keep in mind the following safety recommendations:
- When you need to place the handle to a file, have a handle with metal ferrule ring or at the point of penetration of the pin. Then take the file with a protected safety glove and hit the handle against the workbench or hand with a hammer.
- Ensure handles frequently.
- Do not use lime as a lever, and the pin is soft and bends easily while the body is brittle and can break.
- Do not hit them with a hammer.
- Since the files are easily oxidized, should be kept clean, dry and separate from other tools
- When a file is used, push forward exerting the necessary pressure and lift it slightly back.
- Whenever teeth are blunted, you must clean the body of the file with a brush.
These tools are widely used in mechanical work. The greater the opening of the mouth, the greater should be the length of the key, in order to achieve the lever arm according to the work effort of the tool.
According to the work to be done there are different types of keys, namely fixed mouth, cube or star, tube, also called adjustable spanner or wrench and spanner located.
Accidents with these tools originate when the key is beyond the point of operation and the effort made on it is suddenly interrupted, causing a stroke. To this can contribute improper storage of the tool that usually cause the following problems:
- Bent or worn mouth
- Elements damaged, loose or lacking grease regulation
- Dirty mouths and handles fat
Safety recommendations are given to consider in the management of these tools:
- Whenever possible, use spanners in preference to adjustable.
- Always choose the key that fits the head of the nut to be tightened or loosened.
- Emplacement of the key perpendicularly to the axis of the nut. Failure to do so, you run the risk of slipping.
- To tighten or loosen nuts must act pulling the key, never pushing. If the nut does not leave, proceed to lubrication without forcing the tool. Neither the lever arm of the key should be increased by coupling a tube to make stronger.
- the keys should not be used to hit mode hammers or crowbars.
- These tools must be kept clean. In the adjustable should be regularly oiling the opening mechanism of the jaws.